Android 4.2 Guide: How To Setup Lockscreen Widgets In Easy Steps
The Android 4.2 is already here and this new Android version offers users the ability to have few select widgets on the lockscreen. Previously, users had been allowed to use the widget on home screens, but bringing the capability to the lockscreen provided users with a huge set of opportunities. Although, 3rd party lockscreen alternatives have permitted widgets for a long time, but the option is now officially offered by the operating system itself.
Before starting the guide you should take the fact into account that Google merely has mentioned your initial prospects here. You’re simply permitted to put one widget for each page on the lockscreen, additionally organizing and managing is nearly a pain sometimes.
1. After unlocking your Android phone, you should notice white box traces on the left and right as shown in the image above.
2. In case you tap over the left side of your device, you may swipe over and find out a empty page with a “+” onto it.
3. Tap over the “+” to access the widget selection.
4. Locate the widget you want and tap onto it.
5. The selected widget should surely be put into one of the lockscreen pages.
These are the quickest of guidance, and hopefully will help you adding widgets to the Android lockscreen.
How to remove or rearrange Android 4.2 widgets on lockscreen?
To eliminate a widget from the lockscreen, simply swipe down on the widget page to access the whole widget collection. Once you’ve completed that, just long-press and hold on the page you want to get rid of. After holding down the page adequately, your phone will get you to a card view, revealing the widget you wish to remove, which lets you to drag up to delete. The same holds true for rearranging the widgets.