How Microsoft Surface Beats iPad 3 Decisively In Five Major Category
Today, Microsoft has unveiled the new Windows powered tablet called Microsoft Surface that according to the experts is not only going to kill the laptop computer but will surely give iPad a fight for its survival. This is no exaggeration as most of the iPad tablet users find themselves tied down with a plethora of restrictions from Apple, including limited connectivity option, no room for expansion, and you can’t change the battery.
Now, Microsoft Surface is designed out of the lessons learnt by the failure of BlackBerry and HP tablets, so this time the company has covered all the weak points, and is offering a solution that not will help you with your projects but can also give all the entertainment options you expect from a tablet.
The Five main sections that give Microsoft Surface edge over iPad 3 are as following:
1. Memory Expansion: Both Microsoft Surface RT and Surface Pro version offers microSD, USB 2.0 and microSDXC, USB 3.0 respectively.
2. Keyboard Support: Microsoft Surface comes with lid that turns into keyboard.
3. Big Display: The 10.6 inches do add value to your entertainment needs as compared to iPad 9.7 inches.
4. Business Ready: Microsoft Surface provides Office apps while on new iPad3 its missing.
5. Resolution: Currently, Surface resolution is not known, but it can make or break the deal as Apple high pixel density on iPad is definitely the winner.
The following is the brief comparison of Microsoft Surface RT Vs Surface Pro Vs iPad 3.
|iPad 3||Surface (Windows RT)||Surface (Windows Pro)|
|Battery||9 hours 3G, 10 hours 4G||31.5 working hours||31.5 working hours|
|CPU||Apple A5X dual-core||Nvidia Tegra 3||Intel Core i5|
|OS||iOS 5||Windows 8 RT||Windows 8 Pro|
(1024 x 768)
| 10.6 inches
|9.5 x 7.31 x 0.37||.37 inches thick||.37 inches thick|
|32GB, 64GB||64GB, 128GB|
|Ports||10-pin||microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2×2 MiMO Antenne||microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, 2×2 MiMO Antennae|