How iOS 6 Do Not Disturb and Remind Options Works: Top Two Most Discussed Features
Like with every major OS update from Apple the iOS 6 also comes with hundreds of features and enhancements, but for iPhone owners the most important are the ones which make call management more interesting. The iOS 6 call management has two very powerful tool as it gives more control over the way your phone controls your daily life.
Listed below are some of the options and upgrades provided by iOS 6 to the Phone app:
Do not Disturb:
This is a new switch located just above the Notifications in the Settings app, and it will allow a user to restrain all incoming calls by diverted to voicemail and notifications.
- The new toggle comes with its own settings where you can customize how the button works. Simply go to your iPhone’s Settings app-> Notifications -> Do Not Disturb. Here you can set a timetable as when you don’t want to be disturbed.
- However, you can even bypass the “Do Not Disturb” feature utilizing the “Allow Calls From” option to receive important calls from contacts added to your Favorites or from group of people stored in your Contact list.
- There is this “Repeated Calls” option, which makes sure that the second call from the exact same individual within last three minutes won’t be ignored. This really is valuable in case someone is attempting to make contact in an emergency.
Reply and Remind Options:
As we all are aware that when we receive a call, we may either answer the call or ignore it. However, iOS 6 offers a new set of options to handle a call, you can now swipe across the Phone shortcut when you’re getting an incoming call, that will provide you with two options either “Reply with Message” or “Remind me Later”.
1. Reply With Message: If you select this option, you can use one of the several preset short messages such as “call you back later,” “coming soon,” or reply with your own custom text message that you are busy at the moment and can’t talk about this time.
2. Remind me Later: This option will allow you to choose when you want to be reminded to return the call, with options like in an hour, when you get home, when you get to work or when you leave, and this feature uses your location to determine when you are at home or office.