Apple iOS 5 is now official and coming this fall to the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation. As expected the new iOS firmware update has a new notification system, and it will make your iDevice PC free with Over The Air update and wireless sync.
Here is the list of iOS 5 features, which you will find powerful enough to satisfy your expectations.
1. iOS 5 Notification: A new Notification Center brings together all your notifications into one access point. You can now access all the notification at once by simply swiping down a menu from the top of the screen.
2. iOS 5 iCloud: The new iCloud will store all your content in the cloud and will automatically push it to your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. So, all your purchases on the iTunes and your everyday content will be backed up in the Cloud.
3. Twitter Integration: With new iOS 5 installed on your iPhone 4 and iPad 2 you can now access Twitter with a single sign-in allowing a lot many iOS applications to utilize your Twitter credentials. So, now you can directly tweet all your new pictures from the camera rolls shot with the iPhone camera.
4. iOS 5 Safari Enhancements: On the browser side, the new iOS 5 is adding a new reader mode to the default Safari browser. The Reader is a new feature that will remove all the excess pictures, animations and ads from the webpages and let you read only the text. To start the Reader mode on Safari simply tap over the button next to the address bar. iOS 5 is also adding tabbed browsing and read it later functionality.
5. Location based Reminders: The new location based service called Reminder will remind you to do previously set things at predetermined locations. It’ll sync across devices and with your calendar.
6. iOS 5 Camera Improvements: Finally, iOS 5 is allowing users to use the volume-up button as a physical shutter key whenever the camera app is turned on. There is also a camera button right on your iPhone lockscreen. Other top features added with the iPhone iOS 5 camera app are: cropping, rotation, red-eye reduction, and a one-click enhance option.
7. Wireless Syncing Without PC: Now, you will not need a computer for setting and activating a new iPhone and iPad as it will all be done on the device itself. You can now even sync your device wirelessly via Wifi connection. The OTA update iOS 5 will change everything about the way you installed new iOS firmware updates. Unlike previous iOS updates Apple will now release only the changed code over the air helping customer with their data plan.
8. iMessage: The new iMessage is exclusively for iOS 5 users, and it will allow you to send and receive messages. The new messenger service also indicates if the user on the other end is typing. You can do group messaging and share messages, photos, videos, and contacts.
iOS 5 Problem: The problem with iOS 5 is the doubt over its Jailbreak friendliness. The OTA update system has the potential to pose a serious threat to the iOS 5 jailbreak for iPhone 4 or 3GS running iOS 5.