HTC Thunderbolt Most Important Firmware Update MR2 Available
11 June 2011 One Comment
The top Android phone from HTC mostly famous for its bugs and battery issues has a new update called MR2, expected to cover most of the drawbacks. The another good news about the MR2 update is that it has already leaked and available for download.
The major changes included with the HTC Thunderbolt MR2 are:
- No more random reboots
- Better GPS locking
- Better signal strength
- 3G/LTE toggle button in settings
Now, if you are desperate to update your HTC Thunderbolt with the new MR2 then the following tutorial is for you.
*Note 1 – Rooted users, DO NOT try to flash the RUU or you will brick your phone.*Note 2 – Non-rooted users, the RUU will wipe everything from your phone.*Note 3 – Rooted users, you will need the new radio. [Guide]Download (non-rooted users): Full MR2 RUUInstructions (non-rooted users):
- Download the full RUU from above, and re-name it to PG05IMG.zip
- Place PG05IMG.zip on the root directory of your SD card (not in a folder).
- Turn off your Thunderbolt.
- Holding Volume Down and then Power simultaneously until the phone boots into the bootloader.
- The file should begin flashing the update immediately.
- Wait, up to several minutes, for your device to reboot.Instructions (rooted users):
- Flash the new radio we’ve listed in “Note 3.”
- Download one of the ROMs from above and place it on your SD card.
- Boot into recovery from ROM Manager.
- Create a backup.
- When that has finished, “install zip from sd card” and choose the ROM you downloaded.
- Install it and enjoy a stable device.
Here is the video review of HTC Thunderbolt published on YouTube.
htc thunderbolt, instructions, mr2 update, random reboots, rom, Signal Strength