Here is the list of top Android security apps that will secure your Android based phones including Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible and Nexus. To download the apps simply use the QR code given for each app. Here is the tutorial on using the QR code to download apps from Android Market.
1. SMobile AntiTheft: SMobile’s AntiTheft and Identity Protection security app provides comprehensive protection from mobile viruses and malware, as well as providing a web-based console for remote access to the device. Via the console, you may remotely wipe the device, and view its GPS location on-demand or periodically via Google Maps. The app will cost you $20.
2. Antivirus Pro: Antivirus Pro data security, provides ongoing scanning of Android devices, protecting against viruses, malware, OS exploits to ensure the integrity of applications and data. and additional services for identifying phone location, using ‘findR’ to find lost or stolen devices based on GPS and cell tower id. This is a paid app and costs only $4.99. Use the following QR code to download and install directly on to your Android phone.
3. AntiVirus Free: Anti-virus free is all about protecting your android from viruses, malware and exploits with real-time scanning. NEW customize lock screen message: settings/remote mng/lost msg.
4. Lookout Mobile Security: AntiVirus, Blocks viruses & malware, Scans memory card to stop viruses from phone to PC. Backup contacts, photos, call history, Access data online. Locates missing phone on map, Activates loud alarm. V4.6.1 Added call history backup, SD card scan.
5. Phone Spam Blocker USA: Getting SPAM CALLS or TEXT SPAM? NUMBERCOP blocks 50.000 spamming phone numbers: Phone scams, phishing calls and annoying telemarketers. Like Antivirus. Includes daily number updates, FREE for one month.
The above android apps are compatible with:
- Acer: Liquid(A1)
- HTC: Dream G1, Hero, Magic, Tattoo, EVO, Incredible
- LG: Eve GW620
- Motorola: Cliq, Dext, Droid
- Samsung: i7500, Galaxy S
- T-Mobile: G1