Home » HTC

HTC HD2 Android Update: Turn Best Windows Mobile Phone Into An Android Phone

18 May 2010 6 Comments

hd2android1 HTC HD2 Android Update: Turn Best Windows Mobile Phone Into An Android Phone

Yes you can! The hard working folks at XDA have now announced that you can get the Linux bootloader up and running on the HTC HD2 which is basically a Windows Mobile based.

The Linux bootloader marks an important milestone in the way to port Android OS to the HTC HD2. After successfully running Android on the iPhone 2g And 3G, it will not take much time before normal HTC HD2 owners can Dual boot the Windows Mobile phone with Android OS.

The following video demonstrates the HTC HD2 running a 720p video on top of the Linux bootloader.

HTC has been previously known for manufacturing cell phones based on Windows Mobile OS only but now the company has almost switched to the Android OS. The HTC Incredible and upcoming HTC EVO 4G are two very popular Android phones launched by the Taiwanese company within the last six-month period.

share save 171 16 HTC HD2 Android Update: Turn Best Windows Mobile Phone Into An Android Phone
Tags: android, htc evo 4g, htc hd2, htc incredible, Linux, linux bootloader, windows mobile

• vonton said:

i would pay money to have my hd2 run android, all jokes aside.

• leroy said:

it says here that tge htc hd2 can run on the android os but it doesnt say how o what to install so how am i supposed to get it?? how much would i have to pay to have my hd2 running android

• RonstaDaMonsta said:

I wanna say XDA Developers thank you from the bottom of my heart, its ashamed that HTC would even consider such a worthless OS known as windows. They should be thanking you for prolonging the life of this sexy beast. It is ridiculous that money is what got Windows on this phone in the first place, honestly Windows is the main hindrance this phone isn’t bigger that what it should be then again Window will do that to any device..

• Josh Habdas said:

Since XDA isn’t all that user friendly, I whipped up a quick tutorial on how to install Android on the HD2: habdas.org/2010/08/21/running-android-on-htc-hd2-leo/. Enjoy!

• Gigabear said:

I have had my HD2 for about six months. Fantastic device, but locks up frequently under windows. I would LOVE to convert to the dual boot / Droid option, but I’m not enough of a techie to understand the lingo commonly found on many blogs required to do a successful conversion to dual boot / Android.

Would somebody PLEEEEZE publish a SIMPLE step-by-step process designed for the layman or at least a windows/dos jr. techie, or if such a beast exists, please point –> me to it. THANX !!

• genaia said:

i turned my htc touch pro 2 into a android. works excellent!! very easy to do.