Android 2.2 (Froyo): Speed, Tethering, Flash, Apps On SD And Much More
These days, the entire tech world is freaking about – Android 2.2. Every blog, sites are loading its updating news……mobile makers are making declarations about it( Like HTC’s most handsets will now have Android 2.2) and customers are waiting to update their handsets to Android 2.2. But what are its basic features? Why would one switch to Froyo? So here are some of the coolest features of the Android 2.2.
- Tethering: Android 2.2 has built-in support for tethering, though carriers will likely have to choose to allow it. Of course, you can turn your Android phone into a wireless modem on your own, with or without Android 2.2 if you know how.
- Wi-Fi hotspot: Android 2.2 Froyo will turn your Android phone into a WiFi hotspot! You can then broadcast your 3G signal to ANY device you like.
- Integrated Flash: Froyo will be the first Android edition with full support for Adobe Flash and Adobe Air. Froyo will come with integrated Flash support. This was one of the few things officially confirmed by Google.
- Install Apps on Memory Card: This was one of the basic features missing in Android and thankfully it will be addressed in the latest Android update. Now we can expect more and better apps which are memory intensive, which means a better experience than the casual and functional offerings currently available.
- Automatic background app updates: This one will now be on wish-list of iPhone users. Android users need not manually update their apps since Froyo will let them set their phone to automatically upgrade applications in the background. Not to worry, you will have control over it and can turn it off if you want.