Home » android

How To Set Android Wifi: Solve Weak Signal And Dropped Connections

7 April 2010 6 Comments

android wifi1 300x186 How To Set Android Wifi: Solve Weak Signal And Dropped Connections

First to set up WiFi connection on your android phone:

1. Go to main Settings Menu
  2. Inside Settings Menu tap on WiFi Settings
  3. Wifi Settings you will find option switch to turn on and off your WiFi connection.
  4. Turn it on, and your android phone will start searching for available WiFi router or networks nearby.
  5. If it finds a network  likely it will ask for a passcode, enter the code to gain access to the network. If you dont know the Wifi passcode then ask it from the network administrator or you can find it at the bottom of your router if not changed from default.

If your Droid or any other android phone is not able to connect itself to the WiFi network then the following steps may do the trick:

1. Try Different Security Encryption:
If you have WPA or WEP currently installed on your home network, try changing to a different encryption setting and see if that makes any difference in your connectivity.

2. Try changing router position:
Try changing your current router position as sometimes changing the location of the router placed near electrical or electronic equipment with high interference spoil WiFi setup.

3. Rename the networks:
Rename your networks. Renaming your networks will help identify each band on a dual band router.

share save 171 16 How To Set Android Wifi: Solve Weak Signal And Dropped Connections
Tags: android wifi, dropped connection, how to, router, trick, wifi connection, wifi network

• Harley said:

I am totally new to technology. Every time I try to set up my WiFi on my android phone it asks for a hex key. What is this and how do I access it so I can finally connect my phone to Wi Fi? Thanks.

• imneedhelp said:

so i have a htc g2 and my phone kept freezing so i rebooted it and turned it back on . it has no more freezes but i cant get wifi. i turn my wifi on and it says its obtaining the wifi and the nit says disconnected .. i need help .. im also not so good with technology, so if you could please help me with this problem im having?

• jess said:

i am also not so good with technology. i have a htc g2 phone and it kept freezing so i decided to reboot it and now i have no more freezing problems, but now i cant get wifi on my android. i turn on the wifi and it says its obtaining the wifi but then it says disconnected.. i have no idea what to do at this point. any help??

• Mitch said:

i cant connect, wifi is connected but i cant browse.. help pls.. i view the status wifi conected already and has a signal connected,, but when i browse the browser it said web page not availabale..
    check to make sure your device has a signal and data connection
    reload this page later

• Pat Doherty said:

Oh wow. I’m gonna…duh…try this.

Them…….ummm…..Im come-in back to see if she can tell that man to tell us how to tie shoes!

Boy o’ boy that’ll be neet’o.

• mgyva said:

if u turn on airplane mode for a min then turn it off it may help the wifi problem