OverClocking Motorola Droid To 1.3 GHz In 7 Easy Steps
1. First root your Motorola Droid by following the guide here.
2. You must have flash_image on your system, in /system/xbin/ or /system/bin.
3. On your Droid enable USB debugging.
4. You need the following:
- evilboot8.img to overclock your Droid to 800Mhz. Click here to download.
- evilboot9.img for 900Mhz. Click here to download.
- evilboot1g.img for 1Ghz. Click here to download. It needs more RAM and is reported to run stable with 70MB of free RAM.
5. Reboot into recovery console. Cannot be achieved using a terminal emulator while running.
6. After rebooting into recovery mode select the mount options as:
7. Run the following adb command through your PC:
- adb shell /system/xbin/flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot8.img (where xbin is xbin or bin depending on location of flash_image file on phone)
8. After running the above command now unmount as:
- unmount /system
- unmount /sdcard
9. Reboot your Droid and enjoy the speed.