Home » android

Download Free Android Pico Text To Speech Language Installer

11 January 2010 6 Comments

text to speech 300x250 Download Free Android Pico Text To Speech Language Installer

Download free Android Pico TTS Language Installer Android 1.6 for Motorola Droid, HTC G1, hero and Acer Magic.

Android Pico TTS Language Installer Android 1.6 is the Pico Text-to-Speech (Voice Synthesis) Language Installer. Built from the pre-1.6 open-source from android.git.kernel.org, this app is intended for devices like ADP1, running the open-source Android 1.6 (Donut) release, that cannot access the Android Market.

In general, when you click on Settings->Speech Synthesis->Install Voice Data, Android will try to link to the Market and install this data but without any access to the Market you can “adb install” this .apk. Requires an SD Card to be present, which is where the data is stored: /sdcard/svox/

Compatible With:

• Acer: Liquid(A1)
  • HTC: Dream G1, Hero, Magic, Tattoo
  • LG: Eve GW620
  • Motorola: Cliq, Dext, Droid
  • Samsung: i7500
  • T-Mobile: G1

Click here to Download

share save 171 16 Download Free Android Pico Text To Speech Language Installer
Tags: acer magic, android 1.6, download free android app, droid, htc g1, pico text to speech, without android market

• epool86 said:

thank you so much for sharing the installation file, i tried to install Google Navigator, but each time i started the apps it failed because it require Voice Guidance support. It can be downloaded from market, but since im living outside US i don’t have access to the android market.

now you save my live by providing this download link. thanks.

• Berthomier Anne-Marie said:

Good evening,
    I’m french living in France and I’m looking for something for my son who can’t read but can see. Can you tell me if your product “speak” french.
    Thank you for your answer.

• steve said:

Is there a way to make PICO pronounce the words correctly? I have severa names which I had to mis spell in order to prononce the name correctly when they call. One being my Wife which when my son saw it said, “Dad you spelled Mom’s name wrong” It needs some type of calibration or maybe some way to add a hidden line that could be used to say “pronounced as”

• Len said:

…surely, they should have a “teaching” process for the language setting and also, it would be nice (since I don’t get to hear Aussies daily) to have the Navigation speak to me in Australian English.

• nyla said:

how it works after installing the software???
    pls explain in detail
    thnxx

• Anonymous said:

God bless you and thanks a lot