Motorola Droid: How To Customize And Improve The Features
All the reviews on Motorola Droid confirms that it is the best smartphone on Verizon and the features it boast clearly makes it better than its competitors like T-Mobile G1 and HTC Eris. To take the full advantage of the features which Motorola Droid offers you need to customize the handset.
To customize and improve the Motorola Droid:
1) Download a task killer app: When you quit apps, Android often leaves them running in the background. That can result in a slow system if you’ve just launched and switched between a lot of different apps. Download the free Advanced Task Killer Free from the Android Market so you can periodically clean up your room.
2) Media Sync: The Droid doesn’t come with any way to sync your media and to achieve this feature plug your Droid into your PC using the included USB cable. Then drag the windowshade down from the top of the Droid’s screen, tap USB Connected, and then tap Mount. The Droid will appear as a hard drive for your PC, and you can drag over music files, videos and pictures.
3) Dress it up: Customize your Droid with your own favorite wallpapers and widgets. There are three home screens to play with flick your finger left or right on the screen to slide over to the other two panels. For wallpaper, just hit the menu button – the one at the bottom of the Droid which looks like a bunch of horizontal lines – and pick “Wallpapers.” Then you can pick from the images you dumped onto your memory card earlier.
4) Widgetize: To add some widgets to your three home screen panels. Fom the home screen, click Menu, then Add, then Widgets. You can download more widgets from the Android Market by searching for “Widgets.”
5) Customize Notifications: To change your notification sound, pop up the icon tray and pick Settings, Sound and Display, Notification Sound.