Home » android

Motorola Droid: Download 10 Top Android Apps You Must Have On Your Droid

7 November 2009 29 Comments

Motorola Droid Android apps 300x273 Motorola Droid: Download 10 Top Android Apps You Must Have On Your Droid

Here is the list of top 10 apps from Android Market which you must have on your latest Motorola Droid and HTC Eris:

1) Locale: Tlets you customize your phone’s settings based on your location. You could program the app to set your phone to vibrate every time you’re at your office, or set it to go silent when you enter the perimeter of your local movie theater. Locale’s incredible location technology leverages GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular positioning to determine the location of your phone. Although not all phones are equally equipped and not all location technologies have equal coverage, Locale gracefully scales back. Walking into a building with poor GPS reception? Not a problem.
Locale is available on the Android Market simply go to Android Market from your Droid and search for Locale.

2) Twidroid: This Android based Twitter app is available in a free and a pro version. Both of Twidroid’s offerings provide most every Twitter function you might need, from the basic viewing and sending tweets, following and unfollowing users, viewing profiles to the more advanced: saved searches, URL shortening, photo posting, and geo-location support.
Click here to download this Android App

3) Google Voice: The Google Voice for Mobile app is free to install and use. You do need to have an existing Google Voice account, however, for it to work. Once installed, you can make outgoing calls from your Google Voice number with the touch of a button, right from your contacts list. You also gain easy access to voicemail and Google Voice-based SMS messaging.
Click here to download

4) KeyRing: This Android app that puts your membership cards barcodes into your Motorola Droid. Simply scan your various cards anything from gym memberships to drug store discount clubs and Key Ring will categorize them into a drop-down menu.
Click here to download

5) Compare Everywhere: With Android app installed you scan a barcode in any store to get instant information about any product. Compare Everywhere will connect you to reviews and pricing details to make your shopping simpler.
Click here to download

6) Meebo: This Android app will keep you connected to all of your IM accounts while you’re roaming around with your new Droid. Meebo links multiple IM protocols into a single app that you can always keep running on your phone. AIM, MSN, Yahoo, MySpace IM, Google Talk, Jabber and ICQ are all supported — and, if you create a Meebo account, you can save a collective log of all your chats that’ll be accessible online.
Click here to download

7) Pandora’s Android App: Like its online iPhone counterpart, the Pandora Android app lets you listen to personalized radio stations based on your favorite artists or songs. Thanks to Android’s multitasking capabilities, you’ll be able to rock out while running other apps which the iPhone can’t handle.
Click here to download this Android App

8 ) ActionComplete: ActionComplete is a high-tech to-do list for your Droid phone. It makes it easy to organize your tasks and appointments, using a system developed by “GTD” (Getting Things Done”) guru David Allen. You can even set reminders that’ll pop up based on where you are, allowing you to remind yourself of certain tasks at the office, others at the home, and so on.
To install this free Android app simply search for ActionComplete on Android Market from your Droid.

9) Sherpa: The Android application that helps you find new places based on your own personal preferences won’t cost you a dime to download.. Sherpa “learns” your likes and dislikes, then uses your location information to suggest restaurants, stores, and attractions in your area that might float your boat.
Click here to download

10) Google Sky Map: The Google Sky Map app, actually overlays information about the night sky onto your Droid display. It uses a combination of GPS data, compass data, and date and time information to help you identify planets, stars, and constellations.
Click here to download

share save 171 16 Motorola Droid: Download 10 Top Android Apps You Must Have On Your Droid
Tags: andriod market, android apps, download 10 top android apps, droid, google voice, htc eris, locale, motorola droid

• Jason said:

Sherpa appears to be a T-Mobile exclusive. It’s not currently available on the Android market for Motorola Droids. :-(

• TOP 10 MUST HAVE Droid Apps - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum said:

[...] 10 MUST HAVE Droid Apps Motorola Droid: Download 10 Top Android Apps You Must Have On Your Droid | areacellphone.com Check it out guys and girls…you may have some of these already, you may have seen this article [...]

• jana said:

Yeah you can get it for the Motorola Droid. I got it yesterday and it runs great!!

• jana said:

Sherpa that it

• Kevin said:

Sherpa is NOT available for Motorola Droid or HTC Eris. It’s ONLY available for T-Mobile users. It says that right on their site dumbasses.

• Search Engine Watch » Blog Archive » Motorola Droid: Download 10 Top Android Apps You Must have on Your … said:

[...] It makes it easy to organize your tasks and appointments, using a system developed by “GTD” ( Getting Things Done”) guru David Allen. You can even set reminders that’ll pop up based on where you are, allowing you to remind yourself of … on your own personal preferences won’t cost you a dime to download.. Sherpa “learns” your likes and dislikes, then uses your location information to suggest restaurants , stores, and attractions in your area that might float your boat. …Read More [...]

• lover said:

I love droid hehehe

• loverboy448 said:

This is the best phone so far

• R said:

Sherpa can be found on Google Market as the Geodelic App.

• Vikas Shah said:

I loved the Droid so much I wrote an app for it1 QwikList Voice – Easy to make notes, send SMS or quick add to your Google Calendar using voice to text built into the phone.

• Flotsam said:

A quick list of the best android apps for the droid

• Corey said:

For all of those people looking for Sherpa. There is a Verizon Droid version. Look for Geodelic. Same Application, but I am not sure why they put the App in the Market as a different name.

• Joey said:

If you get a Droid, you’ll probably want a file explorer like Astro and an app to kill processes like Advanced Task Killer.

• Joseph White said:

any good site where i can download movies?“*

• Sophie Sanders said:

i just get my movie downloads from either emule of bitlord, i have tons of downloaded movies already.

• aaron said:

Thanks for the video player. I have been looking everywhere for a good one.

• Jake Lewis said:

there are sites that offer full movie downloads but that would be piracy isn’t it

• Suzanne said:

Could not find compare everywhere

• Ernesto said:

How can I download an aplication to my droid?

• Scarlett said:

Fantastic blog! I genuinely love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the details are well written. I am wondering how I can be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

• Neu said:

there are many movie download sites on the internet and i need a bigger hard drive to save thoes movies

• Sammy Johnson said:

I recently discovered an app Called Spoty – it’s a sort of location based reminder and also call blocker and changes profile settings like tasker and locale sort of, all based on the location. Its pretty cool.

• jason said:

I just got a Motorola droid 2 global and when I went to hook it up to my computer to access the internet it wouldn’t work. Is there a fix for that so I can use the phone as a modem?

• kari said:

nice android apps list, all already download from android market

• karinafeb said:

thanks for nice android apps list must download

• vicky said:

This phone A738 is really amazing since it is a china mobile phone, and sales phone, but it gives me surprising happiness , it’s really great ! I like it very much! and I would like to share this web : smartmobilephones.biz there including all pop china android phones , it’s a online mobile phone store and we can get ex-factory favorable price! Let’s share the good recourse together!

• Hidden Easy Methods To Rule Equipped With online games said:

hello there and thanks on your info ? I have certainly picked up anything new from proper
    here. I did then again experience a few technical issues using this site, as I skilled to
    reload the website many instances prior to I may get it to load properly.
    I have been considering in case your web hosting is OK?
    Now not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances instances will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m
    including this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective exciting content.
    Make sure you update this again very soon.

• Why Not Look Here said:

Thank you a lot for giving everyone such a remarkable possiblity to check tips from this site. It’s usually very superb plus full of a lot of fun for me and my office acquaintances to visit your site particularly 3 times every week to read through the new items you have got. Of course, I am also certainly impressed considering the mind-boggling information served by you. Some 4 ideas in this posting are basically the best we have had.