Home » motorola

How To Sync Droid With PC And Transfer Photos And Files

16 November 2009 22 Comments

droid howto sync transfer files 186x300 How To Sync Droid With PC And Transfer Photos And Files

To copy and transfer photo and files between your Droid and PC or Mac:

1. Connect Droid to the PC or Mac with USB cable. Obviously the same USB that came with your Droid
  2. Tab or click on the USB connected notification. To access notifications you need to click at the status bar on the top of the screen and drag it down.
  3. Click on Mount
  4. Now Droid will appear on your computer. For PC Droid will appear under Computer and for Mac the phone will appear on the desktop.
  5. Now transfer the files just as your do normally copy and paste
  6. When done, go to the notifications and now touch on turn off USB storage.

share save 171 16 How To Sync Droid With PC And Transfer Photos And Files
Tags: how to sync droid, Mac, pc, Photos, transfer files

• Tim said:

Might be a good idea if you checked the definition of sync.

• Jay said:

Its easy to set up Windows Media Player to automatically sync music files on your computer to your Droid. Its not as easy as itunes but it doesn’t require an iPhone either. You also get to choose from multiple online stores.

• Jim said:

Here it is. Attach Droid to PC w/usb cable. Scroll down notification screen “connect USB” then “mount” pop up window appears. “Open folder to view files” click OK. At this point if this is your first time here create a Picture (new) Folder. Open it. COPY AND PASTE PICS. IN IT. DON’T DROP & DRAG. for some reason it don’t work.

• Brian said:

That’s f’d up. it should just sync with media player. copy and past in too slow and out dated.

• Joe Nicosia said:

I got tired of doing this manual process and developed an app to transfer the pictures AND videos wirelessly to your computer using file sharing.

The app is called ‘Image Transfer’ and is on the Android Market. Details and demo video are at http://apps.t3ch.com/imagetransfer

• itsjeremy said:

ummm… thanks! that was easy enough ;)

• pollekjames said:

Connect Droid to the PC or Mac with USB cable.

• jasikaadam said:

You also can put load photos onto your Motorola Droid by placing pictures into the “Camera” folder that you are now in. That’s it!

• another guy said:

Steps to sync and backup an iPhone:
    1) connect iPhone.

This sucks in comparison.

• We77s said:

After you install “doubleTwist”, check 2 boxes in Preferences, and select the types of media to sync, the steps to sync a Droid are:
    1) connect Droid via USB cable

doubleTwist lets you choose to sync:
    - Music
    - Podcasts (audio and video, with automatic format conversion as needed)
    - Photos
    - Videos

Great app! Currently free, but I’d gladly pay for it. For PC or Mac. Sorry, Linux!

• scarlet said:

with the new droid upgrade, “Mount” doesn’t appear when I connect it to the computer, and it doesn’t acknowledge the SD Card! has anyone else had this problem?

• jim said:

yes scarlett im havin the same problem as you and need help also ..hope we both get some

• Bri said:

@ Scarlet & Jim. I had a terrible time of the same thing happening with my bosses Droid. Connect the droid to the pc via usb cable. Then go to Menu-> Settings -> Applications -> Apps -> Turn on USB Debugging. That fixed the problem for me.

• Jesse said:

If only you could actually just take the photos and put the on the phone. Nothing will copy to my phone and the “DCIM” folder doesn’t even show up in the folder on my Mac.

• melissa said:

I am mourning my iphone. hatin the droid. the camera photos don’t even show up when the droid is mounted. the cameral album is stored “in an unknown location!” iphone was so much simpler.

• Rita said:

How can I backup stuff like text messages? Is there an easy way to link a long string of texts into a single, unified body of text, and email it rather than emailing each individual text separately?

• charrey said:

hi everyone.. could you plz. help me w/ my android LG GT540..
    -i downloaded games application from some site. i transferred it to my phone via usb cable..
    -but when i opened quickoffice [since it is the only application where i ca view my memory card files] the folder ‘games’ says ” this folder is empty” .
    -yet, i was so sure that i transfer my downloaded games to my phone correctly..
    i don’t know what to do.. :/

• john said:

This droid stuff is sh!t, not user friendly or intuitive. Buy an iphone instead of trying to reinvent the wheel… no way to easily do anything… how do you get pictures off this thing????

• Robert said:

I’ll never buy anything android again! What a pile. The least user friendly OS ever. Give me DOS at this rate!

• Scooter Cassler said:

We deep-sixed my IPhone account with ATT&T to include my phone on my wife’s family plan with Verizon have experienced nothing but Hell since…we both sincerely regret leaving the IPhone now. We both have Droids, having been swayed by the app market, and have had nothing but trouble with this phone. My wife is a 3rd grade teacher and does myriads of photographs during each school year, and NOTHING has been easy about downloading, syncing, and creating photo files, folders, and so on…

• software free download said:

The recommendation is to clean your computer case a minimum of once per 6 months.
    Some of these software offers anywhere between 1000 to 10,000 TV channels from around the world.
    Like looking for other supplies, you can verify
    out the details about the item or providers presented by the
    small business.

• microsoft office said:

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let
    you know a few of the images aren’t loading properly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet
    browsers and both show the same outcome.