Home » how to tutorials, Samsung

2 October 2009 100 Comments

samsung behold java apps 300x202 Samsung Behold: How To Install Java Games And Apps Like Google Maps, Gmail And Opera

The following steps will make installing latest Java games and apps fast and simple for your Samsung phone

1. Download and install TKFileExplorer 2.2 on your PC from this link
  2. In the same .rar file, open SAMSUNG_Composite_USB_Driver_4_34_WHQL.zip and choose the Setup.exe file. This will install the necessary Samsung Driver to use TKFileExplorer.
  3. Open TKFileExplorer and go to Settings then choose COM. On port, click the drop down menu and choose the port that is visible (something like port 5/port 6). NOTE* you must NOT be connected in pc studio program. Now click on FILE and CONNECT.
  4. On the bottom half of TKFileExplorer, browse through these folders Exe/Java/Games. Now that you are in games, create a new folder. Name it after what you are going to install (for example, Google Maps, Gmail, Opera Mini etc). Now you will need to place the .jar & .jad files of the program you will be installing. On the top half of TKFileExplorer, browse through to where you saved the application files (.jar/.jad) and select them both. Now right click and choose ‘Download’.
  5. Open up your dial pad and enter the following, *#6984125*#. Choose INTERNALS and enter the following, *#9072641*#. Now scroll down and choose Storage Settings. Then update Java DB, followed by update apps database. Now you are finished. Go to Menu>Applications/Apps & Games. Your newly installed app should be visible.

Note: Make sure you are updating the java database within internal -> storage settings. If the phone doesn’t connect to TK, then restart the phone. Once it boots up, hit the end call button when the Connection Preference (USB or PC Studio) prompt shows on the phone. Select the port within TK and hit connect. All the folders within the Behold will showup on the bottom part of TK. Now simply drag the folder/file from the top portion (the C:/ drive) and drop it into the Games folder on the bottom bar. It should transfer quickly. Only transfer one or two folders at a time, then exit TK, and repeat the process so a transfer error doesn’t show up. For games, include the .jar and .jad files in the folder.

share save 171 16 Samsung Behold: How To Install Java Games And Apps Like Google Maps, Gmail And Opera
Tags: gmail, google maps, installing java games, opera, samsung behold how to

• Jamila said:

hi i have a samsung behold and i did all instruction above and the applications still did not show in the games and apps folder on my phone. what should i do?

• Venkat said:

Hi,

I dont see any Setting -> port options. If i manually enter Com1 or Com2 then it says “Error : Communication was lost”.Please help me on this.

• robak said:

Hi,
    instead folder Exe/Java/Games, you have to use
    User/Mass/Java/Games

• robak said:

To Venka:
    Your’s driver isn’t working correctly.
    Reinstall it, or try another.
    (for me was this suitable:
    When the newest PC studio is working correctly, then drivers are OK.

(COM1 and COM2 are common serial ports, phone NEVER connects thru these ports.)

• hitenbhole said:

i use both option

1) Exe/Java/Games

2)User/Mass/Java/Games

but i icant install games or any other software in my samsunh jet S0003 Please help for install games and app.

• Geoffrey said:

Hello, i am using the samsung jet. I can’t go on the step for dialing *#6984125*# and *#9072641*#. It gives no response for this. Can you solve out the problem?

• randy said:

hi i went thru all the steps and when i go to apps and games on my phone i dont see any games or apps that i downloaded?where are they?

• whojohnjones said:

follow the steps and download a .jad maker (convert .jar file) and install the .jad and .jar file with thfileexploer and up java works fine thanks

• Mukesh Dhara said:

Hi,
    I cant download the files which are more than 300 kb in my samsung E-1410 through the wap sites. Please give me an urgent reply. Help me with this matter.

• TAN said:

it works ! ! !

thanks for the tips.

I am very grateful for your help.

• Erin said:

The only way I can get the TKFileExplorer to work is to choose pc studio when I first connect it. I do have the Samsung Pc installed on my computer, but I always make sure the program is closed before I open TK.

• keshar said:

Hi… i have a samsung behold and i did all instruction above and the applications still did not show in the games and apps folder on my phone. what should i do?

• Radu Cosmin said:

I hava a samsung corby and i want to reboot it. How can i reboot it? I reinstal google maps and it don’t instal all and i can’t use google maps plese help me!!

• AK said:

The driver provided in the link are for Samsung Behold.. Where can I find the drivers for Samsung Corby Pro??

• aftab said:

how to install java application in samsung corby pro?

• rohtosh said:

please help for installing apps on corby plus….urgent

• ayonted said:

this furum is good

• Fayiz said:

Plz.. Help me to install java application in samsung corby pro

I can copy the jar and jad files, but cannot update java database

• jatint said:

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. Am using corby pro b5310 samsung.
    Am able to upload jar and jad files through tk but unable to register the application in java database. the code provided above is listed invalid by the handset.

please provide code for corby pro.

• Rashmi said:

Hi please reply soon, i have been searching for this problem since when, but not able to get it on google, i can’t install any java app or game in my samsung corby s3653 & when i am installing it, its getting installed in phone memory? i can’t find any setting for that… please help!

• MOIN KHAN said:

this technique does not works in samsumg corby pro
    and in samsung star touch 3g I tried but failed may be I am an asshole as my mom has always said

• corby plus solution said:

Hello all Corby users

Here are the 7 easy steps to install java applications and games on your samsung corby or any samsung phone:

1. download the app or game .jar file which you want to install on to your corby.

2. You must have samsung pc studio installed on you computer to manage files on you samsung corby. If you dont have samsung pc studio then click here to download. Install it after downloading.

3. You also need one more software called jad coverter. Jad converter will convert your games or applications .jar file into .jad file.

4. From this link: download the Jad converter. Install jad coverter on your computer.

5. Open jad coverter application and from there open the game or app’s .jar file. convert that game into .jad file.

6. using samsung pc studio create a game or app folder in your samsung corby. Upload both .jar and .jad files from jadcoverter folder to your game folder on Corby. Please upload both the files .jar and .jad else your Mom will call you an hole on rear.

7. Now your samsung corby should run the game if again you are not able to do that then please go to any cell phone repair shop they will do that for you.

• tamagacho said:

need to finish with this
    now at this step you’ve put the files in the right folder and its time to install the program, from the dial pad type : *#6984125*# , now you’re in the admin settings, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. go to Internals, now you’re prompted for a Master Key, *#9072641*# , now go to Storage Settings and Update Java Db

• Rashmi said:

Hi thanks a lot for the corby solution I tried that but after putting it in a folder in my memory card both .jar & .jad files, there was no game in games & more, so I installed the .jad file but it got installed in my phone memory only.. can anyone tell me how to get it installed on the memory card please also I want to know if the message limit of corby can be increased please help… & thanks a lot!

• Jenn said:

Make sure under USB mode, CLICK “samsung PC studio” and the port and comp will show.

• Aks said:

when i install samsung pc studio. it shows fatal error during installation and then installation stops. how it install this samsung pc studio now??

• Srikanth Jj said:

Hi
    I have Corby Pro and TKFileExplorer 2.2 it doesnot detect my Phone,
    Wat do i have to do, Plz let let me know

• Rashmi said:

Even I am facing the same problem when I go to select the port it shows nil.. that means no port is available & when I put the port numbe rit says it cannot detect but I have installed the games using the .jad file & it got installed on my phone.. I want to know is it fine if I install games with .jad files

• Tom said:

Hello i’m having the same problem as ‘Rashmi’, with TK file explorer.
    There are no ports listed, and it doesn’t work by putting them in manualy either.

Could someone tell me how I could solve this problem and get my phone connected? Its an Samsung Jet s8000, firmware s8000XPIJ7

• Rushin said:

When I trnsfer .jar files with tk file explorer it crashes

• Vinay said:

@Srikanth Jj:

Just enter COM1, COM2….COM8 respectively in the port.. n the tk file explorer should find corby pro on any one of these….

• New Corby Pro Owner said:

can someone tell me where can I download java games and apps?? can somebody post a link?? thanks..

• sachin said:

Procedure for samsung corby pro(not for non-technical persons)-

You will need –
    1. Wireless Router, connect your PC and your mobile to it.
    2. Games (jar files) on your PC. You can download games from any torrent site – btjunkie.org. After downloading, you will get “jar” file, generate a “jad” file using jadmaker.
    3. A web server(apache) on your PC, download and install from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

Further steps

1. Start the web server

2. Create a “games” directory in your “htdocs” folder and put jar and jad files there.

3. Figure out your ip address using “ipconfig” on command line. Write a html e.g name – “game.html” in “htdocs” folder having contents like –

abc

<form action="http:///games/Tom_And_Jerry_-_Food_Fight.jad” method=”get”>
    Tom and Jerry

4. Add these lines your httpd.conf file after the existing ‘AddType’ sentences-

AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor .jad
    AddType application/java-archive .jar

5. Restart your web(xampp) server.

6. From your corby pro internet browser type in “http:///game.html

7. Click on the “Download” button, and thats it!

For non-technical persons, if you know a web programmer refer this steps to him/her, he/she can set it up for you.

• sachin said:

Due to this page not allowing html content directly, pasting again for your reference –

Content for “game.html” as mentioned in above step 3.

‘ form action=”http://your ip address/Tom_And_Jerry_-_Food_Fight.jad” method=”get”

input type=”submit” value=”Download” ?=”" ‘

~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~

• Vaibhav said:

1. Create a new text document(on desktop right click > new > text document)

2. In that paste this.

code

#Write ur application/software/game name in the space provided.

for example
    code

#Here operamini.jar is name of the application/software/game that is going to get installed.

#Remember that the name of the application/software/games should be same with that u write here.

#If your .JAR file name is operamini.jar then in the space provided you should type operamini.jar

3. Now rename that file to abc.html and copy both the files (”abc.html” and the file you want to install) to a folder via Cable to the phone.

4. open abc.html in ur phone and the file you want to install is installed

#I THINK THIS IS THE SIMPLEST WAY TO INSTALL ANY application/software/game

i found this on some other site…hope this helps everyone…

• Mahesh said:

Vaibhav has told the simplest way to install java application in Samsung Mobile Phones and it works. In fact this method in another view can be looked as installation via OTA wherein we click on a link in web page and the jar file will be downloaded from location in server.

Here in above case the jar file also is in same phone. Both the file has to in same location.

Another thing I noticed is that in Samsung Corby Pro I just dragged and placed the JAR file at a location. And simply click it to install. The installed file will be in games folder.

• Ambiash said:

Ya agreed thanks Vaibhav

• Amit said:

hii i m useing samsung corby plus. so plz tell me how can i install more games????????

• Vishal said:

Thanks a ton Vaibhav. Your method works. Can anyone tell me how to get stupid “Samsung Kies” working? It keeps on giving me a “Error objectID not set to instance of object” or words like that and doesnt execute. Otherwise Im loving this phone.

• samsung___corby said:

can anyonr tell me how to open phonebook with samsung kies—everytime i try to open phonebook it shows the phonebookj empty

• nagaganesh said:

hi, this is nagaganesh, i have a samsung cobrypro b5310 mobile,can you tell me hoe to install .jar games on my mobile

• neha said:

hey vaibhav
    i tried to install jar with given steps, but “file unsupported”
    wt to do?
    is it compulaory to give abc name?
    plzz help yaar

i have just bought my corby pro and cant install anything , not even directly from net to mobile
    i have wifi connection
    plz ans me on my mail id bavisi.neha@gmail.com
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Mike Sanchez said:

I got this thing to work but sometimes I get game happy and an error shows up. When i delete them it messes up the other games that I downloaded successfully. When I try to delete them from the TkfileExplorer, it won’t let me. How do I delete them.

• nikhil said:

there is no port visible in the drop down menu of port.If i manually enter Com1 or Com2 then it says “Error : Communication was lost”.Please help me on this.

• corby solution by pinakamaorag said:

i try this solution.. and it works for some JAVA games or app.
    > convert to .jad
    > I can’t create folder at internal file so i do create folder at external (sd card) called Games
    > then copy the .jad and .jar files to games folder
    > at phone, i install the .jad and it work at Samsung Corby

thanks…

———————————–
    corby plus solution said:

Hello all Corby users

• Shane said:

Vaibhav i get an error INVALID URL. i have a samsung sgh-t919 and i also tried the other method but when i entered *#6984125*# from the number pad nothing happens

• Roshen said:

please dump the other post it got screwed so, I posted the url

• Mr. Cooper said:

I get java error invalid format on my behold. help?

• Jylamx said:

Hi,i have a omnia 2 but when i run the program it says connecting the device…i waited for SO long and it is still the same! i then closed and reopen it,but it still ssys connecting the device!wat happenend???

• Elliot said:

Please help. On behold, when i try to transfer, it freezes and then shows and error. help?

• mediaworld63 said:

i have samsung Behold, i am having hard time installing games, i downloaded both types, .jad, .jar and when i transfer to phone, it said it is not supported, plz someone help me THANK YOU

• viewsocial said:

there is no official support, but you can install Google Maps v2.3.2 on your Samsung Behold.

• Vicky said:

Hi, i have downloaded JADmaker but unable to install it. while installing, error flashes stating ” the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Plz help

• Ravi said:

Hi,

Can someone help me find Exchange ActiveSync for Samsung Corby Plus (B3410) and how to install it?

Thanks in advance.

• Brianna Lee said:

jave games are so cool eventhough they do not have fancy graphics.:~-

• Chay said:

When i open roll of the port I don’t see any COM in that, but I connecting the phone already. Please me

• etin said:

i did everything but the game still doesnt show!!!! helo

• Manish Sehrawat said:

Hi,
    I HAVE A SAMSUNG CORBY PLUS(B-3410). I INSTALLED SOME APPLICATION FROM NET. NOW WHENEVER I OPEN MY GAMES FOLDER IT RESTARTS AUTOMATICALLY. SO I CAN’T DELETE THAEM & INSTALL NEW ONES. CAN ANY ONE TELL ME A WAY TO UNINSTALL THEM. I TRIED TO FORMAT MY PHONE, BUT NO HELP. JUST TELL ME HOW TO DELETE APPLICATIONS FROM GAMES FOLDER & INSTALL NEW ONES

• Summer Lewis said:

java games are cool because they need very little resources and the graphics are good too.

• ¯`°²¤Flash¤²°´¯ said:

These same Codes work for the Gravity 3, but so far I’ve been unable to get any additional apps or games installed on the grav3.

And, I haven’t been able to get the TKFileExplorer to show a COM port.

Anyone out there had any luck with the Gravity 3? Any suggestions on how to add some of the 1000 Java games I have to my Gravity 3???

Thanks so much,

Flash

• someone said:

none on these things work! can’t somebody make a noob friendly solution

• Curiousgeorge6 said:

OK I have to say I’m getting a little peeved. I have tried numerous methods, two from this site and everything is a no-go. My phone (Samsung Corby Plus) does not reconize Jad files or jar files (I have changed my phone to read bigger Jar files). I have put both Jad file and Jar file into a folder created through New samsung Pc Studio called Games. I did it for the SD Card and on the phone itself. Both ways when I open the folder on the phone it shows that both files Jad and Jar are unsupported. Why is this and how can I fix it? I can’t believe with all the tech heads out there that I can’t sinf a simple method (clear step by step) that actually works. Please please please help would be appreciated.

• rohan j said:

i use corby plus and am able to install games in phone memory….(use jad maker to create a .jad file then install game using the jad file….both the jad and jar file must be in same folder)..BUT HOW TO INSTALL GAMES IN MEMORY CARD……the internal mem. is only 4 mb for games…………. EXPERTS PLZ HELP US CORBY PLUS USERS

• Peter Diaz said:

Other Codes:

Master Code access *#5239870*#. Choose INTERNALS and enter the following, *#7092463*#

• c said:

Are those codes supposed to work on the Samsung Corby Plus? Cause I tried them and no dice. Rohan J can you tell me how you got your games to work please.

• Baar said:

So people realize that the Samsung Corby Pro and Samsung Corby Plus are two different versions of the phone right? What works for one may not work for the other, such as the Master Codes.

• samsung le40c750 said:

I have a “SMS Memory Full” problem with my Corby.
    As I know it’s sms memory is up to 500sms, but even when I have only 200 sms it tells me that the sms memory is full!
    Please what can I do? Any help may be useful.
    Thanks

• rohan j said:

INSTALLING GAMES IN SMASUNG CORBY PLUS GT-BT3410 1.FIRST GO TO GAMES AND MORE AND MAKE SURE U GOT SOME FREE MEMORY……(GO TO OPTIONS AND MEMORY STATUS). 2. THEN IF U HAVE NET GO TO ANY SITE WHICH PROVIDES FREE APP DOWNLOAD …I RECOMMEND GETJAR.COM AND WAP.IN ……..DOWNLOAD…IT WILL INSTALL EASILY. 3.IF U DON’T HAVE NET MAKE A JAD FILE FOR EACH JAR FILE U HAVE ON YOUR COMPUTE USING JADMAKER SOFTWARE ….(GOO

• rohan j said:

CONTD. …..GOOGLE IT ..ITS A FREEWARE PUT BOTH .JAD AND .JAR IN ANY FOLDER IN MEM. CARD OR PHONE MEMORY …INSTALL USING .JAD FILE …………………………………IT IS A 100 % WORKING SOLN. …..I AM GOING TO PLAY WIMBLENDON TOUCHSCREEN ON MY CORBY +…. ;)

• c said:

Rohan J thanks man but it doesn’t work for me. Here is what Ièm doing. I have both the Jad and Jar file. I put both into a folder on the phone and on the memory card I called it games. When I go to said folder on either the phone memory or the memory card either way it tells me that both the Jad and Jar files “Not supported Content”. I even tried the method up top about making a text document and renameing it ABC.html. Even that is not supported content. I just don’t understand why it’s working for everyone else.

• rohan j said:

hey c …do u hav gprs / net connection …..then go to http://www.wap.in and download any game ..it installs easily OTA (over the air) . ” not supported content” ..to a jad file ..:0 i dont understand….then here is what i think u should try ….get any .jar file on ur mobile ..size must be less than 480 kb ……..and copy it to phone mem. then open the jar file …my samsung corby plus doesn’t requir jad for jar less than 500 k

• c said:

Thanks again Rohan for trying but I give up, nothing’s working for me. I don’t have free internet on my phone. I had changed the settings on my phone to accept larger then 500kb Jar files. It doesn’t matter if I put them (Jad or Jar or both) right unto the phone memory or the memory card, when I go to click on them it says not supported content.

• cat said:

hi, i followed the steps and have the app working and i can move files. the issue i think is with the site i downloaded from – getjar.com. they know my phone type and show apps supported for it but when I click download they only give the .jar file no .jad file. are they doing something wrong or am I? samsung behold

• Baar said:

So C did you get anybody to explain to you how to get games installed on the Corby Plus? Cause I’m in the same situation you are. My Corby Plus says Jad and Jar and HTML files are all not supported content. Anyboby got a way around this?

• ryza said:

hi
    wat if there is no port to choose from
    plz help

• Maria Rogers said:

playing Java games has been my past time these days

• Tara said:

Hi I have a LG Rumor touch and I was on getjar.com trying to download apps but it wont let me it keeps saying “Fatal error” and numbers. Can you please help?

• ron said:

There is no PC suite available fo the Samsung Intercept (android) and I cannot jus drag and drop into thr phone. What do you suggest and j2me runner does not work either. I need professional help and I am not a computer wiz.

• Kiran said:

Why do I get a message saying ‘unsupported file type’ when I have transferred over a jad/jar or try and run it? in samsung corby pro

• arsalan said:

evry 1 that have samsung corby plus gt b 3410 that want to install games and app
    just do what i say

1 downloud the games or software that u want jar type

2 then downloud the jadmaker its a software

3 then convert the jar to jad and put both of them to ur corby plus and run them

• Round Kitchen  said:

jave games are very convenient to use coz they have very small file sizes

• Mandy6 said:

hey, when I click the drop down menu on port I can’t find any port visible.

• radwa said:

“On port, click the drop down menu and choose the port that is visible (something like port 5/port 6)”
    Here the program’s drop down menu is empty and no port is visible although my phone is connected via USB

• juil said:

java games are great because their file size is small and the graphics is great too

• Chirag Chauhan said:

hey bro….

Plz.. Help me to install java application in samsung corby pro

i not knw…

plz help me

plz send mail..

chirag_chauhan_s@yahoo.com

• Wall said:

sometimes i play so much java games that i loss track of time

• gaurav said:

I have corby plus GT-B3410. JAD FILES DOES NOT RUN IM MY PHONE (JAR NOT FOUND)Also games & application memory is very low. can i run the games from Memory card?

• samsung corby pro said:

i have samsung corby pro b5310
    when i try any of the above method it says unsupported file type if i transfer it to memory card from pc.but if i download the same file directly to my phone using gprs/wap it installs without any problem

corby pro users may go to getjar.com and download a file directly to ur mobile using gprs.
    but rememer gprs/internet charges are always very high for mobiles!!!

how to solve it
    i have never found any way in internet which works!!
    but maybe aa profesional who know about mobile softwareas can hel us SAMSUNG CORBY PRO USERS!!!

help us please

• sparto21 said:

I can’t see any ports in my tkfile explorer.. can any1 help me??

• mahendra said:

Hi i hve one prob in my handset.i click games nd more it automatic restart i cann’t understand Can anybody help me plz im wating 4r u frnds

• sant said:

Thanks you !
    It’s work…
    I m happy…..

• Corn-By said:

Hi,

COM does not show, so i clicked ‘default port’ and it went to Port 6.

Now when I click connect, it takes a few seconds and says ‘Connection lost’.

Why is this happening any idea?

• Hara said:

Hi

It’s not clear if all samsung phones can be adapted.

So my first question would be, can I also do al these thing on a samsung corby II (next phone after samsung corby), it’s a simple phone.

Full name of my samsung phone is: Samsung Corby II GT-S3850

Help please?

• m said:

hi please help me on how to convert samsung c3510 genoa to accept games more than 500kb.

• Dipesh said:

Hey! Corby + user try dis code(*#52828378#) for runing d java games n apps >500kb jus increse the no. Frm 500 to 5000 in OTA test

• suresh said:

plz help me how to shift installed apps to my main menu in samsung corbby pro ?

• Andrey said:

1) How to fix an unsupported file format on my Samsung T919?

I went to those free games websites and I been downloading a whole bunch of java games thinking it will work well I used my bluetooth to load all the games to my storage card and it says “unsupported file type” :(

2) My Phone for some reason can not find any networks, it only finds tmobile & at&t. How can i fix this?

• Madhav said:

Hi,

I thought that this post actually applies to Omnia I8000 models, so i tried the steps, I kinda screwed up my with the *#6984125*# code.

I received an OLog prompt “AutoReceive Enabled” and now, all my voice calls are being automatically accepted.

Could you please help me out? i tried disabling Auto-Answer from the Settings page, and it still won’t work :(

• admin (author) said:

try restoring your handset to the factory settings.

• sandeep said:

Hi,

Can any body help i am unable to install games as it shows”Jar Not Found”.